The weather started to get increasingly warmer during the last week and my husband is saying the Summer temperatures are here to stay. The Summer? But we’re not even in the Spring yet! I like the change of seasons to be smooth for an evolutionary adaptation. I guess my voice doesn’t count much to Mr. weather right?
Anyway, just in case, I started to pick some Summer clothes and have them available in the closet. Especially for the little one, who happens to have more clothes than me and my husband together. Oh, and she loves to play with clothes! She can spend hours entertained with clothes. Or shoes. Or clothes and shoes.
On Sunday, we enjoyed the warmness all morning at the beach. First day of the year on a bikini and with sun lotion. Felt good. And back home for lunch, a fish combined so well with a beach day. Salmon with a creamy coconut milk sauce together with vegetables sauteed with fresh herbs was the right choice.
Satisfying and reinvigorating. The little girl was relaxed to get down for a deserved nap while mama and daddy enjoyed an afternoon of movies. Nice and easy. Just like the Sundays should be.
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 1/2 can of coconut milk (more or less 6.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 9 oz of artichokes hearts (I use frozen)
- 2 cups of brussels sprouts (each one cut in half)
- 2 carrots, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1 fresh rosemary leaf, minced
- 2 fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 Tbsp concentrated tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets with ground ginger, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Place a skillet in the stove with the fillets, add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low heat, cover the skillet and let it cook approximately 10 minutes, or when a thermometer reaches 145F.
- Serve with the coconut milk sauce and olive oil on top.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, tomato paste and minced fresh herbs, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and pepper and let cook until vegetables are tender but still crispy, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with the Salmon in Coconut milk. Enjoy!